Extra Curricular Activities
CKS offers a wide variety of experiences outside the regular curriculum. These are places where students can socialize outside of their own grade level, explore interests, and discover new talents. Some of these activities take place during the school day, and others are offered as enrichment courses after school. Please contact the office or Mrs. Niggel at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the current extra-curricular and enrichment offerings at CKS.
2018-2019 Enrichment Activities:
Fall (September -December) Offerings:
- EvoKids Yoga: Evolution Prenatal and Family Yoga Center will be offering a yoga club for students in grades K-5 from 3:00-4:15 on Wednesdays, November 7 – December 19th . The cost of this club is $80 per student. We need a minimum of 5 students enrolled in this club for it to run. Please sign up ASAP. This club also has a cap of 12 students. Register today to ensure your space.
- Fencing Club: En Guard! Geoff Butler will be teaching our students the art of fencing. We will start with a 4 week mini session Tuesdays starting November 27th and running through December 18th. A second 7 week session will be available on Tuesdays starting January 8th. Students are welcome to sign up for one or both sessions. Space is limited and this has been a popular offering in the past. The cost for the mini session is $60 per student. The cost for the full session is $105 per student. Students in grades 3 and above may register. Students will also be required to join the United States Fencing Association (USFA) which has a separate fee of $10. We need a minimum of 8 students enrolled in this club. Our maximum number of students is 16. Geoff will bring all equipment needed for this club. Students just have to show up ready to learn. If you’d like more information, please visit Geoff’s website at www.myepeecoach.com
- Rising Stars Reader’s Theatre: Ages 4-8 can join this group to get together each week and produce a short play based on a popular children’s book. Students will have a chance to build props, make puppets, act out scenes and perform. This popular class is on Wednesdays from 2:50-4:00 from November 7th to December 19th. The cost is $75. The maximum number of students that this club can welcome is 20. This class is full for the fall session, a second session may be added at a later date.
- Drama Club: This year’s drama club production will be Willy Wonka Jr.! Signups begin in September and the play is scheduled for November 9th-11th.
- Jr. NBA Basketball: CKS hosts the very popular Jr. NBA Basketball program at various times throughout the year, to help aspiring athletes develop their skills. Please see our athletic director Ken Bourneuf at the office for more details. Times are posted on the CKS calendar.
- Geo Bee: For the 31th year, the National Geographic Society is holding the National Geography Bee for 4th– 8th grade students in thousands of schools across the United States and
territories. (At CKS, participation is optional for 4th graders.) The Society developed the Bee in 1989 in response to concern about the lack of geographic knowledge among young people. As in the past, the CKS champion will advance to the next level of competition. The State Bee will be held at Castleton University on Friday, March 29, 2019. The preliminary round, which consists of 7 questions for each student, will begin in mid-November. At the end of the preliminary round, we will have determined which 10 students will participate in the CKS finals in mid-January!
- Fall soccer: Signups in early September. See Mr. Bourneuf or our athletics page for information.
- Basketball: Signups in November. See Mr. Bourneuf or our athletics page for information.
- Christmas Craft Club: I am pleased to be able a Christmas Craft Club this year at CKS for grades K-3. Mrs. Langevin and myself have put together a selection of fun and beautiful holiday decorations and crafts for students to create and take home as gifts for loved ones. The 4 week club will offer two crafts each week and on the final week we will help students wrap their gifts and put tags on them so they come home ready to be placed under the tree. Tuesdays 11/27, 12/4, 12/11 and 12/18 from end of school until 4:15pm. Students in grade K-3. Limit of 20 students.
Winter (January to March) Clubs:
Spring (April – June) Clubs: